Eliminate Dark Circles Under The Eyes and Alleviate Stress
The eyes are the window to the soul, and the presence of dark circles indicates tiredness or stress. Even a beautiful, spotless face tainted with dark circles will look unattractive and dull to an observer. The eyes are one of the most important parts of the body; they illuminate the face. The intrinsic beauty the eye brings to the face can be disrupted by dark circles so it is important to get rid of them as soon as they appear. Improper circulation of blood around the eyes and impediment of the redistribution of blood back to the circulatory system causes blood and fluid retention in the vessels and tissues surrounding the eyes. Blood vessels are seen through the eye as dark circles and fluid retention causes puffiness. They can be short-term or hereditary. Dark circles are treated according to underlying causes. The following are steps to eliminate dark circles under the eyes and improve facial beauty.
- Alleviate lifestyle factors: Lifestyle factors contribute to the occurrence of dark circles. Drink more water to improve oxygen uptake and water- salt balance, avoid alcohol, caffeine and salt, and incorporate balanced diets with green vegetables containing iron and vitamins into meals. Activities that disrupt regular sleeping patterns should be avoided. Get at least 6 – 8 hours of sleep every day. Adjust daily schedules and activities to create a balance between work, rest and recreation, turn off the TV and gaming facilities at night, do more exercises and partake in outdoor exercises to allow proper flow of oxygen and blood circulation in the body.
- Control allergies: Allergies can cause dark circles. The key to curing these types of dark circles is to identify the allergen e.g. pollen, gluten etc. Visit the doctor for the right diagnosis and treatment and avoid uptake or exposure to allergen.
- Use topical creams and eye patches: Topical creams have been successful in tackling dark circles. Ginseng gives an instant tightening effect on the eyes, retinol – a Vitamin A derivative reduces fine lines. Consult your dermatologist for the best recommendation.
- Use traditional methods: Frozen cucumber slices or refrigerated table spoons are substances that have been used to treat dark circles for decades. When you wake up in the morning, lie face up and place either of the two objects on your eyelids till they become warm. The blood vessels will dilate and puffiness will reduce.
- Laser Eye treatment: New laser eye treatment takes away dark circles and puffiness under the eye in 15 minutes. This is recommended in individuals with hereditary causes or people with time constraints.